U.S. Health Coaching Market Worth $6 BillionClick here to view original web page at www.webwire.com
Service Gains Favor Among Consumers, Insurers & Employers
"Health coaching can be an important factor in the overall healthcare equation."
Tampa FL, May 16, 2018: Marketdata LLC, a leading independent publisher of market research reports about service industries since 1979, has released a new 58-page study: The U.S. Health Coaching Market . This is a complete analysis and forecast for health coaching services—the nature and structure and size of the market, key issues, trends, and challenges.
“Eighty-six percent of the nation’s $2.7 trillion annual health care expenditures are for people with chronic and mental health conditions. These costs can be reduced via health coaching of employees and plan members, on their lifestyles, eliminating bad habits, better nutrition, exercise, and managing their chronic conditions.”, according to Research Director, John LaRosa.
- Market Value… Marketdata estimates that the total U.S. health coaching market was worth $6.14 billion in 2017, up 15% from 2014. The total market is forecast to grow at a 5.4% average annual pace, to $7.85 billion by 2022, with 121,000 coaches practicing.
- There are an estimated 109,000 U.S. health coaches and health educators combined, with average yearly salaries/earnings of $56,370. Their numbers have grown 8% per year from 2006 to 2017. There is also interest in certification by healthcare pros such as nurses, psychologists, social workers, chiropractors, nutritionists, massage therapists, and MDs.
- Health educators number about 57,000, with the remainder of the 109,000 being wellness coaches, weight loss coaches and health coaches. Many health educators work in state and local government and social assistance. Health educators usually posess a degree.
- Marketdata estimates that the market sub-segment for weight loss coaching conservatively is worth at least $738 million. The commercial weight loss center market is projected to grow at an 8.5% average annual pace. Therefore, we expect this market to be worth $1.05 billion by 2022.
- Insurance companies are hiring health coaches to deliver disease prevention programs to patients and at-risk communities, with special emphasis on diabetes and weight management, smoking cessation, and stress management.
- One key problem facing this industry is that there are a variety of definitions put forth, vs. one clear and widely accepted national standard. We are probably 5 years from a national standard. There are literally dozens of organizations providing health coaching certification, but only 8 of them are really credible.
- According to some surveys, 60% of Americans want health coaching but 80% of them have never had it offered to them. Most coaching is provided by phone, but apps and online service are emerging too.
- The top three users of health coaching are: 1) consumers, 2) physician offices and healthcare organizations, and 3) corporate wellness programs.
About The Report
The U.S. Health Coaching Market, published in May 2018, is an independently researched “off-the-shelf” study. The study is 58 pages in length and costs $895. Available in pdf format. A free table of contents is available by email Contact: Marketdata LLC, 7210 Wareham Drive, Tampa, FL 33647, (813) 971-8080. John LaRosa is available for interviews.
About Marketdata LLC
Marketdata is a private market research and marketing consulting firm that has specialized in the tracking and analysis of a wide variety of service industry and healthcare sectors. The company also provides custom research and consulting services, and holds teleconferences and webinars. The company website is: www.marketdataenterprises.com.
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.